Cooperations

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Tina
(@tina)
Topic starter

Hi,

so I hope I am putting this question in the correct folder, as I am not sure whether it goes here or under Affiliate Marketing.
I have not taken the classes on monetizing my blog yet, as I wasn't ready yet. 
I thought everything would take some time to gain momentum, but somehow my blog that I just published this past Monday kinda took off in a way. 
While this is great, I am actually overwhelmed with everything that's been happening since then - especially the following: 

My blog provides information for expats in Germany to help them adjust to life here and is mainly focused on Americans stationed in Germany since I am a dual citizen affiliated with the US military and know both countries. 
After promoting my blog on some Facebook groups, I was approached by an insurance consultant who exclusively works with Americans in Germany. He suggested to cooperate and sent me his ad.

So now I have no idea how to go about this. What can expect from this? 

Am I supposed to write articles to promote his services or simply put his ad on my website? I know I would discuss this with him, obviously - but what is it that usually happens after someone asks to cooperate? 

And should I negotiate payments? How much is the going rate here? Do I provide some type of contract? 

I am absolutely overwhelmed right now - so any info would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you so much,

Tina

Posted : July 9, 2021 3:31 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

Hi Tina, he's basically asking you to advertise his business on your website.  He wants you to place his ad somewhere on your blog, but the first thing to do is check out the business he represents and decide whether you want to advertise it.  Any ads that you place on your site will reflect on its credibility, so you want to be sure.

Secondly you want to know what you get. If the company has an affiliate program it is usually mentioned somewhere on the website. Maybe as a link in the footer.  However, some companies like to keep any mention of an affiliate program separate from their main site, so you could ask him about that.  Or, perhaps he is willing to pay in advance for the ad to be published on your blog for a certain length of time.  Again, ask him.

Or, you don't need to do anything at all. If you don't want to associate with him or the company he represents, you can ignore his message. 

What he's doing is called 'outreach' and it's very common.  Companies scour the web looking for related websites or social media accounts and then contact the owners of those sites or social media accounts with a potentially 'mutually beneficial' proposition. If you keep building and developing your blog and your audience, you will eventually get these multiple times a week and most of them you will probably ignore. 😉 

Posted : July 10, 2021 8:55 am
Tina reacted
 Tina
(@tina)
Topic starter

Thank you so much! This helps a lot and I guess it's time for me to take the monetizing part of the course 😉 

Posted : July 10, 2021 9:37 am
Share:

>