Clear all

Global Fundraising Platforms

7 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@jayne)
Topic starter

Hello everyone!

I make and sell to raise funds for animal causes overseas. I have been looking at using a platform - or possibly WooCommerce to sell the items and then transfer the money to the cause. Does anyone know if WooCommerce allows this? Or is there indeed another plugin better suited? I don't want to be stung for transfer fees.

Thank you.

Jayne

Posted : September 6, 2021 11:43 am
(@theo)
Member Admin

Hi Jayne

Sounds good, and you can definitely do that with Woocommerce. Remember that Woocommerce is simply a tool that allows you to sell things and process payments on your website.

However, you can't have the money transferred directly to the charity/cause.  Since you yourself are not operating as a charity, the proceeds from your store would be classed as ordinary earnings. It would be the profit (after your own taxes etc.) that you would then give to the charity.  

Caveat.  I'm not an expert on the subject of fundraising, so there may be a better way to do it that I'm not aware of 🙂 

Posted : September 6, 2021 2:40 pm
(@jayne)
Topic starter

@theo Thank you again, Theo, for another great response. It leaves me something to think about. I did find some plugins specifically for this purpose. But, again, I may well be stung for transfer fees. So, the research goes on!

jayne

Posted : September 11, 2021 12:14 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

Whenever I'm sending money from my bank account to an account in a different currency, I use XE money transfer.  Much better rates than the bank.  

Posted : September 11, 2021 7:24 pm
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member

@jayne  Hi Jayne,  Have you spoken to your accountant about this, they may have some useful information for you on this or may be able to point you in the right direction for some specific information?  Good luck with it though, it sounds so great that you are doing all this for charity.  🙂

Posted : September 21, 2021 8:00 pm
jayne reacted
(@jayne)
Topic starter

@debsakal Hi, thanks for replying. No, I don't have an accountant (yet!), but I have worked away around it so the greedy banks and Paypal don't profit! 😎 

Posted : September 30, 2021 11:11 am
debsakal reacted
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member

@jayne, that's very good news. 🙂

Posted : September 30, 2021 12:32 pm
Share:

>