Clear all

Embrace Our Calling blog for feedback

6 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@marcus)
Topic starter

Hi Theo,

Thank you for your comprehensive course, I have learnt so much about blogging and website from it 😊 

My website isEmbrace Our Calling. It is a personal blog about discovering our vocation in life and learning tips about productivity and work-life balance. My niche audience are working adults in their 30s and 40s who are seeking clarity in their life calling (usually experiencing the dreaded mid life crisis). 

I would like to hear feedback about:

• Is my niche area consistent with my target  audience?
  • Am I clear with my messaging?
  • I am not sure how to monetise a topic like this, although it is not in my priority in the near future. Any suggestion on this?

Thank you in advance! 

Posted : July 12, 2021 2:43 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

Hi Marcus, your blog is looking great!  

Yes, I believe the subject matter is consistent with the target audience of 30's to 40's, although I would perhaps include 50's as well.  Reason being that because we now live longer, people are often still building a career or even still looking for a life purpose in their 50's (or even older).

Yes, your messaging is clear and I particularly like the way you've included your own story.

Regarding monetization. Are there any courses you could affiliate with?  Or even coaching programs.  The Amazon Associates program is a good option for books. There are probably other things you could do eventually, such as blogging about events, excursions, etc, which opens up new possibilities for monetization.

Posted : July 13, 2021 8:04 am
(@marcus)
Topic starter

Thank you, Theo! Your feedback meant a lot to me! 

Yes, I will expand my target audience to include those in the 50's as well. 

I will also keep your suggestions in mind. The subject matter I have chosen somewhat demands that I put more thought into content building and depth, so monetization has to be at the backburner for now. But it helps to be on the lookout. 😉

Posted : July 15, 2021 12:10 pm
(@jayne)

Posted by: @theo

Hi Marcus, your blog is looking great!  

Yes, I believe the subject matter is consistent with the target audience of 30's to 40's, although I would perhaps include 50's as well.  Reason being that because we now live longer, people are often still building a career or even still looking for a life purpose in their 50's (or even older).

Yes, your messaging is clear and I particularly like the way you've included your own story.

Regarding monetization. Are there any courses you could affiliate with?  Or even coaching programs.  The Amazon Associates program is a good option for books. There are probably other things you could do eventually, such as blogging about events, excursions, etc, which opens up new possibilities for monetization.

I totally agree with you Theo! I am in my 50s (early) and I have struggled with finding my purpose and I do like Marcus' blog. He has hit on an excellent topic of interest. Jayne

Posted : July 22, 2021 6:51 pm
(@jayne)

Marcus, well done! Your blog is excellent - both design and especially the topic area which is relevant to me! Jayne

Posted : July 22, 2021 6:53 pm
(@marcus)
Topic starter

@jayne Thank you! Really appreciate the encouragement. Will keep on writing! 

Posted : January 22, 2022 8:26 am
Share:

>