Notifications
Clear all

I would love some advice on my blog please

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@keiko)
Topic starter

Hello! I would love some advice on my blog Please. I did the best I could do, but I am not really a tech person. I didn't even have a computer until I did the course with you and I made it possible to publish my blog, but I don't really have traffics and I have tried to boost it via social media, I joined Pinterest, etc...but...any advice appreciated.

Natural Me Natural Dog

Posted : October 29, 2021 11:40 am
(@theo)
Member Admin

Hi Keiko

Great start!  You have some excellent posts on your blog, and overall the presentation is okay.  A few things to fix.  Here are my recommendations:

Get a good logo.  The current one doesn't have a transparent background.

Remove the URL that shows below the image on the Nutraviva ad in the sidebar.

Capitalize the post titles. In fact, try to make the titles a bit more interesting. For example, 'Snake bites in dogs,' you could change to 'How to Deal with Snake Bites in Dogs' or 'What to do if Your Dog Gets Bitten by a Snake.'

I noticed some grammatical errors.  Not loads, but some.  Grammarly is perfect for ironing out those types of mistakes and it has a free version, too.

https://buildthatblog.com/writing/fix-all-your-writing-mistakes-effortlessly-with-video-demonstrations/

IMO you've done really well especially since you didn't even have a computer before taking the course 😊 

Posted : October 30, 2021 11:48 am
(@keiko)
Topic starter

@theo Thank you so much. If I change those post titles as you suggested, Does that affect SEO as the SEO title doesn't match with the content or something?? or leave them for now and the new post to be more interesting?? I am working on SEO every time I post something and the web indicates that SEO health is good, but no traffic. will I just keep going to build more content? or is there a better way to get more traffic? or this is pretty normal that will take time?

Posted : October 30, 2021 12:11 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

@keiko. The title would still match the content.  In the example I gave you, the titles still matched the content of the post.

However, you don't want the post URL to change, but you can change the post titles while still keeping the permalinks (URLs) the same.   Be aware that sometimes, when you update the title,  the permalink changes automatically. 

Here's how you can fix that:

Copy the existing permalink onto a text file, change the post title as required, and then click 'update' Then, check to see if the permalink has changed.  If it hasn't, there's nothing you need to do.  If it has, delete it and paste the original permalink back in.  Then click 'update' again.

Following the above steps will allow you to change the title whenever you need to, but always keep the permalink the same as it originally was.

Posted : October 30, 2021 12:50 pm
(@keiko)
Topic starter

@theo Thank you so much. This technical thing is really hard for me, but your advice is so helpful. thank you so much.

Posted : October 30, 2021 1:05 pm
Share:

>