Clear all

Need Honest Opinion About My Blog

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@raynold)
Topic starter

Hi Theo,

I just bought your course a few days ago.

Actually, I have some knowledge in how to build a blog. I've created and currently manage one blog.

I need your honest opinion whether I should keep on working on this blog or abandon it and start all over again?

This site is in the health niche, and the topic is gout. I have around 45 articles on the blog.

Most are informational and the only method of monetization right now is Amazon native ads below some of the articles.

I do get random sales each month (commission is under $5)

This is the url of the website https://conquergout.com

Thanks!

Posted : July 22, 2021 10:44 am
avneetkang reacted
(@avneetkang)

I think your blog is amazing and detailed. Should keep it.

Posted : July 22, 2021 12:48 pm
raynold reacted
(@raynold)
Topic starter

@avneetkang thanks! I really appreciate it.

This post was modified 3 years ago by raynold

Posted : July 23, 2021 5:30 am
(@theo)
Member Admin

It's an informative blog with lots of content, which is great!

The posts don't read too well though and I believe you hired writers from Upwork, which would explain the issue with the writing. 

The other problem is the subject.  It's medical and because of that the blog is unlikely to ever get traffic from Google, except for maybe a trickle.

However, it's obviously getting some traffic from somewhere and because you're getting a few affiliate sales from it, I wouldn't advise that you scrap it.  But, because of the subject, if you want to build up the traffic you'll need to come up with a strategy that doesn't involve organic traffic from Google. Facebook might be a good option.

Posted : July 23, 2021 10:16 am
(@raynold)
Topic starter

@theo I have problem with gout too, that's why I started this blog in the first place. At that time, I only thought that all evergreen topic should be perfect for a niche site.

You're right, I tried more than 7 writers from Upwork. The last writer is from the US, so the quality is quite okay (at least without obvious silly grammar mistakes).

I shared articles from the blog on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. But I quit doing that for more than a year now.. but I still get some sales from Amazon.

Maybe I should start sharing  articles on social media again, and keep on adding more informational articles?

Do you have any suggestion on how to monetize a health and wellness blog like mine?

Thanks!

Posted : July 23, 2021 11:23 am
(@theo)
Member Admin

Posted by: @raynold

I have problem with gout too, that's why I started this blog in the first place.

Why not talk about that on the About page?  It would give your blog much more credibility.

Posted by: @raynold

Do you have any suggestion on how to monetize a health and wellness blog like mine?

Any affiliate program that sells the numerous products that you discuss in your posts.  Amazon Associates is the best one for those types of products and you are already using it.  However, you are missing a lot of opportunities to direct readers to Amazon.  

Take this post for example:

https://conquergout.com/celery-seed-extract-and-gout/

I don't see any links to buy celery seed extract on Amazon.  I would have a link three times in that post.  Once near the beginning, once towards the end, and somewhere in between, I would have a prominent link or a button 'Buy Celery Seed Extract on Amazon', or similar wording.

Posted : July 24, 2021 9:47 am
Share:

>