Notifications
Clear all

Read More Option

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kessiena)
Topic starter

Hi, Ma'am Theo! It's quite cozy here. Feeling relaxed already.

So I have finished designing my current blog (still working on it though), but I have two issues. 

One, there's no 'read more' option at the end of my blog post excerpts. So I'm forced to show full length, but that doesn't work completed in a desktop screen as well. It only moves smoothly on mobile view

Secondly, I wish the search button will be more vivid. Is there any way? It's only available on mobile when I click on the menu.

And finally, please do evaluate it for me and make recommendation where necessary. I'm open to criticism. 

Here's the blog's url:

(deleted. Please post here https://buildthatblog.com/community/post-your-blog-url-for-feedback/ )

Thank you.

Posted : July 4, 2021 3:17 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

Not all themes have the 'read more' feature.  You can try going to 'Settings' on your admin dashboard, choose 'Reading' and 'For each post in a feed include':, choose 'Summary'.  It doesn't always work because the theme settings will often override it, but it's worth trying.

Posted by: @kessiena

It only moves smoothly on mobile view

That shouldn't happen.  Which theme are you using?

Posted by: @kessiena

Secondly, I wish the search button will be more vivid. Is there any way?

You could get a coder on Fiverr

Search for 'wordpress coder'. Set the budget filter to $0-$5 because it's a small job for a coder

Posted : July 5, 2021 7:14 am
(@kessiena)
Topic starter

@theo I'm using the Hueman Theme

Posted : July 5, 2021 7:32 am
(@theo)
Member Admin

@kessiena in that case it sounds like you have 'display the full post' option toggled to on. Go to Customize >Front page content, scroll down to find the option and toggle it to off.

Posted : July 5, 2021 10:32 am
(@kessiena)
Topic starter

@theo okay ma'am.

Thank you for the help.

Posted : July 7, 2021 8:06 am
Share:

>