Clear all

Help with Hueman or Woocommerce

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'm not sure whether this is a Hueman Theme issue, or a Woocommerce issue.  I've customised my product page with a text area (where the customer adds text), text box and date picker.  That's all good. However when I add to cart, it adds it to the cart.  But there is no cart button to show it's in the cart (a Hueman theme issue I presume) and when I go to the basket, it doesn't show the details of the order in full.  Most customers will want to see their full order details before they commit to payment, not the other way around.  I've searched and cannot seem to find out to change this.  I can email you screen shots if that helps.  I'd appreciate a point to where I can get help with this, I don't expect it to be free and I'm happy to pay for the help here.  I notice that if I upgrade to the Hueman Pro version, they say you can customise every page as if it was a single page, so this may resolve it.  Help!  Many thanks.

Posted : September 1, 2021 6:34 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

Hi Deb

I'm not sure if upgrading the theme will solve things.  If you scroll down on this page, you'll see some recommended services from Fiverr. It won't cost much, and they usually have a reasonably fast turnaround.

Posted : September 2, 2021 8:51 am
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@theo Thank you.  I've since heard back from Hueman and you are totally right, it's a Woocommerce extension I want or some specific css code to give me what I want.  I will have look down below to see if someone on Fivrr can give me what I need at a reasonable cost.  The only other way would be to change theme where this function is already there, either Ocean WP or Astra has this already, not sure how they are for the blog side though, so I need to watch some review videos for that.  Oh how I wish things were simple and would do what I want without all this time consuming phaff!  Lol.  Thanks again Theo, you're a star. 🙂

Posted : September 2, 2021 12:01 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

Astra, although it is popular, is IMO a horrible theme to work with.  It's always good to try things out for yourself though because even though I don't like it, you might!

Posted : September 2, 2021 2:58 pm
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@theo Could I ask you why you don't like Astra?  You are very experienced with WP themes so I very appreciate your feedback.  Many thanks.  

Incidentally, out of 7 Fiverr messages I sent regarding the customisation I need, only one has come back with anything positive.  I've not traditionally found Fiverr good, however you obviously have, can you recommend a particular Gig?  🙂

Posted : September 2, 2021 4:37 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

@debsakal I used Astra recently. I had the pro version but found it clunky and difficult to customize. So much so that I binned it after a week.

Re Fiverr. I've not had the particular customization done that you are looking for, but I recommend looking for a gig that specifically caters to Woocommerce.  Rather than reaching out to lots of gig sellers at once, I recommend contacting just one or two of the best.

Posted : September 3, 2021 9:54 am
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@theo Thanks Theo, I won't look at Astra, rather will look at Ocean WP, which seems to be a well respected theme for blogs and Woocommerce alike, there is also one called Blocksy, both have good reviews.  

What are your thoughts about the theme you are using for this blog?

I will have another look at Fiverr as well, again thanks for your advice.  Have a great weekend.

Posted : September 3, 2021 10:38 am
(@theo)
Member Admin

Ocean WP is a good theme.  

This website uses Thrive Theme Builder (Shapeshifter) and associated plugins.  I've been using their products for several years now, and I love them.  You don't see me actively recommending them in the course because of the cost and the learning curve involved.  If somebody is new to websites and WordPress, it usually makes sense to start with a simpler theme and progress to the slightly more complex stuff after getting familiar and comfortable with using WordPress.

Posted : September 3, 2021 8:50 pm
Share:

>