Clear all

I'd really like your feedback please

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi Theo.  At last I've launched my blog, it's live!  I have 5 blog posts and the design and look of the website is largely there, although I'm sure there will be tweaks and other things that need to be done, moving forwards.

So, could you give me feedback on the website, design, posts themselves, well basically everything!  

The blog is basically me doing online Readings on all kinds of topics.  I try to offer personalisation where customers can choose the cards that resonate with them, then they can read the appropriate paragraphs in the posts that apply to their choice, sometimes there will be no personalisation, just general Reading.  All the photography was done by me as well, both on the posts and products.  

I'm open to all your feedback please, both negative and positive, as I'm here to learn.  I'm currently doing the SEO on all the posts and products, then I will be watching the next modules in your course to see what to do next in order to monetise the website.  I really need to get this site earning asap.  Thank you so much.

https://simplyyoutoday.com

Warm wishes,

Deb.

Posted : October 12, 2021 4:42 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

It looks lovely.  You've utilized the theme features well:)

The shop page is nice, but how about adding the categories to the menu as a drop-down below the 'shop' tab?  I almost didn't notice the Zoom readings because they're further down the page.  If you had a drop-down in the menu, visitors will be able to see instantly that you have two types of reading.

Your posts are well written.  I picked up on the fact that you are using the exact same wording for the first one or two paragraphs.  That will cause an SEO issue.  What you could possibly do, is have an image created with the wording that you want to display and place the image at the beginning of each post.  

I notice on the About page that you don't introduce yourself.  You say 'I' but you don't say who 'I' is.  It's a really common oversight 🙂 I would (if it was my blog) also have a professional photo of myself. 

One more thing I would do is to create a vibrant header image.  Something that really depicts what the site is about.  Canva's good for that sort of thing.  The free version will do the job.

Great domain BTW!

Posted : October 13, 2021 2:57 pm
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@theo Hi Theo, Thank you so much for your critique, it's very much appreciated.  I will set to work on the suggestions you have made. 🙂

Like yourself, I absolutely love Canva, I use it all the time, it's so much easier than faffing around with Photoshop!  I use it for most of my Readings images, for the mockup table scenes, then drop in the cards I've photographed. 🙂

Posted : October 13, 2021 3:26 pm
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@theo  Hi Theo,  I've emailed you a couple of draft header designs, which I'd love your critique if you wouldn't mind.  I emailed you as I can't attach anything in these messages.  Many thanks.

Warm wishes,

Deb.

Posted : October 14, 2021 9:19 pm
(@debsakal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@theo Hi Theo,  I meant to say in my last message that I've also created some images, which includes the same text that needs to be in most of my posts, as you suggested.  I've used elements from some of my paintings (debsakalart.com) as backgrounds then added the copy, so that the images aren't always the same ones, hopefully that should satisfy the SEO issue you raised.  What do you think?  

Warmest wishes,

Deb.

Posted : October 14, 2021 10:32 pm
Share:

>