Notifications
Clear all

Selflovegarden's blog for feedback, please!

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@marina)
Topic starter

Hello, Theo and everyone! 

Finally, my blog Self-love Garden is live! It took me more than a year to have it ready, but it's my first ever blog baby, so I had to be patient while I learned and implemented and while life happened. Everything on there is created exclusively by me, hence the time it took me. LOL

The blog is about the value of self-love and how we can cultivate it daily in order to live peacefully with joy and love. I'm speaking from experience rather than theoretical knowledge. So through my life lessons around the topic of self-love, I will be sharing my experience and how loving yourself can change your life.

Some short audio meditation recordings will also be added soon as a promo to meditation courses I'm planning to offer at some point (among other things, I'm also a mindfulness meditation teacher 🤓). Other monetization methods will be added a bit later as well as my primary focus now is to just make my presence known and acquire some audience/readers first. 

My theme is OceanWP, and I use the Elementor Pro site builder, and my blog is bilingual (English-Greek). I would really like your feedback now, please, regarding the functionality of the site (user experience), any tech issues or shortcomings you may notice, and whether it's mobile-friendly. I had to clean my cookies on both my laptop and mobile to get a better idea and solve some issues, although I didn't manage to solve one*, so I really need your opinion on how the site is running on both desktop and mobile. 

*There is a dissonance between what is visible on laptop and what is on my smartphone regarding the author box in my posts. On my laptop, the author box is visible, whereas on my phone, it isn't. The author box is made using Elementor; it's not the theme's.

That said, I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say and thank you very much in advance for your time! 🙏🏻

All the best,

Marina

Posted : October 15, 2021 5:40 pm
Topic Tags
(@theo)
Member Admin

Hi Marina

Nice layout and theme 🙂  Great logo too!

About the author box - is there a way in Elementor to select/deselect whether an element shows on mobile?  If not, try asking on the Elementor support forum.

I noticed that 'English' on the header image takes me to a page that says 'choose a topic,' but there doesn't appear to be anything to select. 'English' on the navigation menu takes me to a different place.  The blog (post) page.

Great posts, and having the audio version at the end of each one is an excellent idea! You've got the featured image twice on each post, though.  Once as a large header image and once as the featured image.  I suggest that you remove the large header image.  Also, on the posts pages, the table of contents doesn't load.

On this post

https://selflovegarden.com/positively-thinking-out-of-the-box/, There's a blank space where the video should be.  

Posted : October 17, 2021 9:14 am
(@marina)
Topic starter

@theo Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your very insightful feedback! There is an option on Elementor to select/deselect whether an element shows on mobile, and it's currently turned to "show on mobile". However, what I suspected to be the problem for all these glitches you mentioned, and it's probably true, is that the caching & page speed optimization plugin I'm using and some optimization settings I set up to make the pages load faster may have broken some of the theme's or plugins' features. So now I'm back and forth on emails with their support team, and I'm making some changes and testing. 🤦🏼‍♀️

About the featured image appearing twice on each post, I didn't think it would be a problem, and it was meant to be a design thing (on desktop it has a cool effect), but if it's negative that it appears twice, then I will remove the header image as you suggested. I just wonder, is it bad for SEO or something else?

I really appreciate all your assistance here! I just hope I resolve all this soon! 🤞🏻 Good news is that tomorrow Mercury stops being retrograde! 😁

Posted : October 17, 2021 7:30 pm
(@theo)
Member Admin

@marina 

Sounds good!

Posted by: @marina

About the featured image appearing twice on each post, I didn't think it would be a problem, and it was meant to be a design thing (on desktop it has a cool effect), but if it's negative that it appears twice, then I will remove the header image as you suggested. I just wonder, is it bad for SEO or something else?

Yes, SEO is mostly based on user experience.  Having two large images at the top of the page slows down the loading speed of those pages, but it also forces users to scroll down past two identical images before they get to the content.  

Posted : October 18, 2021 12:57 pm
(@marina)
Topic starter

@theo Right! I see... Thank you!

Posted : October 18, 2021 1:47 pm
Share:

>